Engraving creates custom textures and surface finishes on tooling to enhance the beauty and function of a wide range of consumer goods and automotive products. We focus on continuing to meet the needs of a changing marketplace by offering experienced craftsmanship while investing in new technologies such as laser engraving and soft surface skin texturized tooling. Our growth strategy is to continue to develop new technologies to enhance surface textures, both organically and with bolt-on acquisitions. We are one company operating in 23 countries using a consistent approach to guarantee harmony on global programs in service of our customers.
Markets and Applications
Standex Engraving Mold Tech has become the global leader in its industry by offering a full range of services to OEM’s, Tier 1 suppliers, mold makers and product designers. From start to finish, these services include the design of bespoke textures, the verification of the texture on a prototype, engraving a mold, enhancing and polishing it, and then offering on-site try-out support with ongoing tool maintenance and texture repair capabilities. In addition to these services, we also produce soft trim tooling such as in mold graining (IMG) and nickel shells.
Engraving companies and brands also include:
- Piazza Rosa and World Client Services which both offer laser engraving and tool finishing in Europe and Mexico.
- Tenibac-Graphion provides additional texturizing and protyping capabilities in North America and China.
- GS Engineering employs advanced processes and technology to rapidly produce molds for the creation of soft-touch surfaces.
- Innovent, located in North America and Europe, is a specialized supplier of tools and machines used to produce diapers and products that contain absorbent materials between layers of non-woven fabric.
Products and Services
Texturing is achieved with either a laser or a chemical etching technique.
- Laser Engraving offers superior features previously unavailable on products, such as multiple gloss levels, the elimination of paint and optimized scratch performance, and sharp definition for precise geometric patterns.
- Chemical Engraving produces carefully designed textures and finishes without seams or distortion. Our Digital Transfer Technology offers an exclusive service which guarantees consistency, pattern integrity and texture harmony around the world.
Architexture Design Studio uses proprietary technology called Model-Tech® which utilizes proven expertise to create and test custom textures. During the Model-Tech process, an original texture is first designed to offer beauty and function which ultimately is used to create a large-format skin that can be wrapped on a model for testing.
Tooling Performance services include the enhancement, finishing and repair of a tool to improve its use during manufacturing.
- Tool Enhancement services increase the wear resistance of the mold. Processes include advanced tool finishing services, anti-scratch, laser hardening in localized areas, Tribocoat® and Release Coat.
- Tool Finishing and Repair allows customers to achieve outstanding quality while saving valuable time. These services include laser microwelding, polishing and lapping, laser cladding to accommodate engineering changes, mold assembly, tool management, maintenance, texture repair and on-site support.
Soft Trim Tooling and nickel shell molds are used to produce soft surfaces that emulate the feel of natural materials.
This business has become the global leader providing these products and services by offering a full range of services to OEM’s, product designers, Tier 1 suppliers and toolmakers all around the world.